July 13th, 2017 by Dosa Hut in Recipe
South Indian food is extremely popular worldwide. Coconut is a hot favourite ingredient of South Indian cuisine. Idli, dosa, vada, uttapam are loved by one and all but they would be incomplete without the delicious and authentic coconut chutney. The South Indian fish, chicken or meat stew is given a whole new dimension by adding rich creamy coconut milk. South Indian cuisine is famous for its low calorie, light and appetising delicacies. You would be delighted to taste some of the mouth-watering South Indian delicacies when you visit the best Indian restaurant in Epping.
Both Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian Delights
Usually South Indian food is mostly about tasty vegetarian dishes but in states like Kerala and Andhra Pradesh, you would get authentic south Indian non vegetarian dishes. You could try the delectable mutton, chicken, seafood, and beef delicacies. You would be simply thrilled to choose from an amazing range of seafood including crab, mussels, tiger prawns, tiny prawns, king prawns, oysters, mackerel, red lobsters, sardines and even tuna. Coconut oil, coconut milk and dried coconut powder etc. are used for an added punch along with classical spices such as cumin, pepper, cinnamon, chillies, cloves, cardamom, turmeric etc. The flavour, the exotic taste, and the amazing aroma of all these authentic coconut-based gravies could make anyone feel hungry.
Why Is Coconut Given So Much Importance Today?
Because coconut boasts of several health benefits, it has replaced many sinful ingredients such as butter and cream in several recipes. Coconut id regarded as the miracle food today thanks to its numerous benefits. Coconuts are known to be quite nutritious, rich in essential minerals, vitamins, and fibre. Coconut is working its wonders in beauty potions and culinary delights at the same time. This exotic and magical food has several health benefits. The tasty coconut chutney when had with crispy dosa or soft fluffy idlis could be incredibly fulfilling and would leave you asking for more. Come to the most reputed Indian restaurant if you are in Epping and enjoy some mind-blowing South Indian delicacies.
Health Benefits Associated with Coconuts
South Indians use coconut oil while cooking. Most of their dishes are given an extra punch by the use of coconut milk, coconut cream, or freshly grated coconut. Due to the various health advantages of coconut and because of its relatively lower glycemic index rating it has successfully replaced butter and cream, flour, and even refined sugar to some extent. Coconut should be included in your meals because of the following health benefits associated with them.
- Great for supporting immune system. Coconut is supposed to be anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and even anti-parasite.
- It is a wonderful source of energy and is fantastic in enhancing athletic and physical performance.
- It is effective in boosting insulin secretion and alleviates symptoms that are associated with diabetes.
- It is used for enhancing absorption of minerals, vitamins, and nutrients and speeding up the digestion process.
- It is great at protecting your body from the different kinds of cancers that are caused due to the removal and reduction of free radicals which result in degenerative diseases and premature aging.
- It is effective in boosting good cholesterol and reducing risks of heart diseases.
- Coconut would be restoring and supporting thyroid function.
- It would be acting as a shield against bladder infection and kidney disease.
- Best for promoting weight loss.
- It keeps your skin and hair well-nourished and healthy. Get a youthful looking skin now.
Visit the best Indian restaurant based in Epping for the mouth-watering South Indian snacks that come with the healthy and tasty coconut chutney.
by Dosa Hut on July 13th, 2017 - Reply